Tuesday 16 April 2013

Blue Moon


There are days when I just don't have words.
No words to speak, explain, paint or write,
Emotions I can't fight.

There are days when I am reminded
Of how quickly things change.


Shadows, murmurs and footsteps,
From lightness to darkness.
But suddenly everything's a mess.

The moment the wolf throws off its sheep skin
To reveal its dagger-like teeth, gleaming claws
And salivating jaws

Yet all we do is whimper.
Because the wolf is stronger
And if we don't run we won't be around for much longer.

I'm told that our lives are not worth much,
They pass in an instant like withering roses.

Blowing away in the breeze.
Skeletal ashen petals fly
We're never quite ready to say goodbye.

Wispy leaves and scarves flutter in the sky,
As the wind runs its fingers through my hair
Reminding me. As if to say: "I was there."

I remember it was late at night,
I still hear the voice, but I do not see the face
Nor do I fully remember the place

Where the blue moon gently shone down,
Smiling as if you had never left us.


1 comment:

Post a Comment